Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Margaux Lange tagged me yesterday, so here are 5 random facts about me:
1. At some point, every bowl I've made, which must be over 100 by now, has been worn on my head like a hat.
2. I like to make funny faces...alot...really, alot.
3. When I'm depressed or really struggling with disappointment, I read the Taoism chapter in Huston Smith's World Religions book. And this is why:
"The natural phenomenon that the Taoists saw as bearing the closest resemblance to Tao was water. They were struck by the way it would support objects and carry them effortlessly on
its tide. The Chinese characters for swimmer, deciphered, mean literally 'one who knows the
nature of water.' Similarly, one who understands the basic life force knows that it will sustain
one if one stops thrashing and flailing and trusts oneself to its support."
4. I didn't name either of my cats--I got them both as kittens but they're previous 'mothers' had given them such good names that I kept them. They're Junebug and Izzy. (Junebug's the darker one)
5. I'm afraid of falling down stairs. It's not a debilitating fear yet, but it does seem to get stronger as I get older.
Haylie Bird Waring
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog