Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Art Guilt


If I learned one thing in my 7 1/2 years of academic art training, it was to feel guilty about any moment of any day that I did not devote to the creation or conception of a "real" work of art.

While I have been making things since I left grad school and moved to Southern Illinois this past summer, I have not actually worked on much of what I would call my "art," until now.

So here it is. Proof that I have at least marginally continued the train of art-making I began in grad school. The white part is a vibrating tool intended for exfoliating one's face and I have loosely attached onto it the butt-ends of bright green toothbrushes. I have plans for more of these "rattles" since the new wave in grooming tools seems to be vibration--even in shaving razors...An idea which actually kind of horrifies me.

No comments: