Thursday, March 6, 2008

Misty? Yes. And watercolored, too.

When I was 16 I took a trip with my French class and my mom, who chaperoned, to France. We spent one week in Paris and one week in Brittany on the Northwest Coast.
In Paris, we stayed at the Hotel American and every morning we were served a continental breakfast of croissants, coffee, hot chocolate and mini baguettes. I chose the hot chocolate and baguette, and while the hot chocolate was from a mix and I'm sure the baguette was not an exemplary baguette because this was not an exemplary hotel, I thought it was delightful.

There's only a handful of memories from that trip, or most others, that I tend to think of with out being prompted and this in one of them. So I was excited to see that my grocery Co-op has started making mini-baguettes and even more excited to see this one in the free-bin as it is one day from expiring. It is tasty, and my homemade hot chocolate in its pretty mug is delicious, but it is not the same as my breakfasts in Paris and nothing ever will be.

Daily photo: 3/6/08

No comments: