Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Amazing!


One of my good friends from Kent's graduate program, Nikki Couppee, made this pin (top) and ring (bottom) for N. and me in a trade. I gave her a copper bowl, a silver spoon and an ornament and I still feel like she got jipped, because these are sooooo beautiful.

N.'s pin is a Smith and Wesson .44 magnum and the hand gesture on my ring is not only the letter 'C', for Corey, but is also a gesture made by stage-hands in Mexico when a live television broadcast is going to a commercial break. Evidently the literal translation of what it means in Spanish is "there's still more," so Nikki also intends this as a sign of good wishes for our future. I could not be happier!

Thank you Nikki!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Those are awesome!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! I like the 'C' hand gesture for Corey set in a ring!! So clever!