Thursday, November 19, 2009

Forest Park and the St. Louis Art Museum



Yesterday and today I took my Design I classes to the St. Louis Art Museum to look at color. They are beginning a color harmony assignment, in which they have to produce the same image 6 times using a different color scheme in each--very fun, in my opinion.

I love the Art Museum, especially the fact that it's free and has been since it was created for the 1904 World's Fair.

Fun facts: the museum's design was based on the ancient Roman baths of Caracalla. In the top image, the Chase Park Plaza Hotel, visible from the entrance of the Art Museum across Forest Park, was the inspiration for the evil apartment building in Ghostbusters.

The stainless steel tree in the window of the middle image is Placebo by American artist Roxy Paine.

No comments: