Friday, February 25, 2011

Keeping Busy

First thing I wanted to do in Italy was play with the white carrara marble that is in abundance here. It's very easy to carve and work with, so I started by making the weird shapes above and then decided to carve an ear because listening (to stuff I don't understand) is on my mind a lot right now.
Not sure what, if anything, I'll do with either the ear or the other pieces; I'm still thinking.

I am also sitting in on the book making class and have so far made several pamphlet style books.

It is very fun and something I've always wanted to learn to do, so I'm grateful to have the opportunity.

And, when all other inspiration fails, I make a spoon. So here is my newest little spoon--a good size for espresso here in Italia!


No idle hands for the devil's playground here!

No comments: