Friday, May 30, 2008

new/old pants


So, I had these funky linen pants, and because I can't get rid of anything made from linen, I decided to alter them a little so I'd feel more comfortable in them.
However, I didn't have any matching thread. Logically, I should have bought thread, but I like the challenge of trying to make new things using only materials I already have, and therefore opted to use this sea-foam-green thread on my light-army-green pants.
An odd choice, I know. I tried to do a little extra detailing so it might look like the slight color difference is intentional. I wouldn't call it tremendously successful, but I don't hate it either.
It's pretty hard to see in the pictures, but if you see me this summer, there's a good chance I'll be wearing them 'cause that's how I roll when I get excited about a new/old thing.

Daily photo: 5/30/08

No comments: